Clinical Skills and Practicum
|These are the specifications of the Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine’s
Clinical Skills and Practicum:
|1. Awarding Institution / Body:||Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine|
|2. Teaching Institution:||Full-time attendance at a Holistic Medicine Training Center in different locations around the world|
|3. Program Accredited by:||School of Integrative and Complementary Medicine, University of America, USA|
|4. Final Award||Compulsory clinical training for all students graduating from the Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate in Naturopathy and Holistic Medicine|
|5. Program title:||Clinical Skills and Practicum|
|6. Course Code and level:||CSP9001|
|7. Duration of programme:||One week or more|
|8. Total number of study hours:||50 hours|
|9. Enrollment requirements:||Only for students enrolled on the Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degrees in Naturopathy and Holistic Medicine.|
|10. Enrollment date:||Towards the end of the degree programs involved.|
|11. Fees:||Full payment: €925 Euros before attending|
The Clinical Skills and Practicum is compulsory for all degree programs, including the Bachelor, Masters and Doctor of Naturopathy and Holistic Medicine degrees.
The ideal location to spend approximately a week of intensive clinical training for the Clinical Skills and Practicum is at the Da Vinci Holistic Health Center in Larnaca, Cyprus as this is a purpose-built Holistic Center that is fully equipped with cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic equipment for you to practice with. There are also other Holistic Medicine training centers in other parts of the world that students can learn from.
It is here that you will marry the theoretical knowledge you have been accumulating during your online studies with diagnostic and therapeutic protocols that have been tried and tested over many years – this is the premise of the Clinical Skills and Practicum.
It is during this intensive week that you will learn a lot about identifying and eliminating causative factors to symptoms and disease.
This is the approach that is taken at the Da Vinci Centre – all complex, chronic diseases have their underlying causative factors, and it is these that need to be identified and eliminated before healing can take place.
There is never a chronic disease with only one cause – there is usually a causal chain of stressors that have accumulated over time – some of these would include:
- Food intolerances or allergies
- Systemic Candidiasis
- Tooth Foci
- Scar Foci
- Spinal Subluxations
- Parasites and Worms
- Bacteria/Viral/Fungal/Protozoa loads
- Toxic Metals
- Toxic gut
- Toxic body – other toxins such as xeno-oestrogens
- Electromagnetic stress
- Geopathic stress
- Urinalyis – cellular metabolism in the tissues and organs of the body
- Pancreatic enzyme insufficiency
- Hydrochloric acid insufficiency (hypochlorhydria)
- Thyroid functioning
- Status of white blood cells in living blood
- Status of red blood cells in living blood
- Nutritional deficiencies from living blood
- Organ functioning (energetic) and pathogenesis of organ dysfunction
- Psychoemotional stress
- Spiritual issues and systemic entanglements
- Inflammation of organ systems using thermography
- Poor, junk diet
- Body Posture
All these factors and more are usually identified using the IDEL DIAGNOSTIC PROTOCOL, a comprehensive series of functional tests that take about 5-hours to complete. In this period the therapist also has time to get to know the psychoemotional and spiritual issues that may also play a role in the pathogenesis of disease. In the Clinical Skills and Practicum you will learn the way that this is conducted and analysed.
One of the main reasons why most patients get worse and worse over time no matter what treatment has been tried is that the causative factors to their disease are still present – no-one has really made any effort to identify them, let alone eliminate them.
The body can only repair and rebuild using natural therapeutic protocols AFTER the causes have been identified and eliminated.
IDEL DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAMME
All students will go through the IDEL Diagnostic Programme under the supervision of Prof. Georgiou himself – this is part of the requirements so that students can learn a vast array of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities as part of the Clinical Skills and Practicum. This is a 5-hour testing protocol that will help the student tie together all the theory that they have learned so far, and a lot more that is not written in books.
This is a golden opportunity to learn the art and science of holistic diagnosis and therapy from one of the masters who has been implementing similar models to health and healing for over 30 years. This opportunity is worth its weight in gold and will surpass anything that you can learn from any one source.
You will be able to see all the diagnostic protocols being implemented and the large amount of information collected put together to form a bespoke treatment programme for the patient in question.
The IDEL DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAMME consists of a comprehensive series of functional tests – we spend on average about 5 hours on the initial appointment collecting information from many tests such as:
1. HEALTH HISTORY – listening to the patient is a lost art for both allopathic and alternative practitioners, but the most important health clues start here. The PATIENT ASSESSMENT FORM is scrutinised carefully and other biochemical tests and reports of scans from your doctors are all taken into account, so bring these with you if you have them.
2. IRISANALYSIS – a special iris microscope is used to study the iris of the eye which has its own topography or map so the practitioner is able to determine a number of health conditions that may be developing such as inflammation in body tissues and ogans, the hereditary weaknesses, the constitution or our genetic ‘dowry,’ toxicity in the body, spinal subluxations, degeneration in organs and tissues and much more.
3. VEGA TESTINGand AUTONOMIC RESPONSE TESTING (ART) – The art and science of bioresonance testing using VRT (Vegetatitive Reflex Testing) that can detect the energetic imbalances of organs and tissues, as well as identify microbes and other underlying causative stressors that are a requirement to understanding the pathogenesis of disease.
In addition, Autonomic Response Testing (ART) is conducted, which is a sophisticated form of muscle testing that can help to tap into the Autonomic Nervous System to elicit health information. The VRT and ART testing combined can help to determe the following causative factors:
a) Food Intolerances – this is one of the most common causes of internal inflammation, which is one of the major underlying factors behind many chronic diseases.
b) Organ Functioning – determining the energetic functioning of organ and physiological systems of the body is a very important step in identifying the sub-clinical problems underlying disease. Sometimes it is difficult for clinical tests in medicine to identify sub-clinical factors that have not reached the stage of pathology.
c) Status of Detoxification Systems – blocked or compromised detoxification organs can lead to high levels of toxicity and degeneration over time – these include the liver, the kidneys and the lymphatic system, plus the gut and skin.
d) Nutritional Deficiencies – deficiencies in vitamins, minerals, trace elements and particularly fatty acids are to be found in nearly everyone, unless they are eating a completely organic diet and their digestive system is optimized.
e) Candida & Yeast – Candida is a common yeast found in many people who have abused antibiotics and other drugs. As they can liberate 79 different toxins into the body, this is certainly not going to help the other organs and tissues.
f) Parasites – statistics tell us that over 85% of people on the planet have some form of parasites – these can often be directly related to causes of many symptoms, so identifying them and finding different natural methods to eliminating them is often an important part of all therapy protocols.
g) Bacteria, Viruses and stealth microrganisms – again, there are many symptoms related to these microrganisms so identifying and prioritizing them is important in being able to eradicate them.
h) Scar & Tooth Foci – if there are scars from surgery or accidents, these can also act as energy blocks and adversely affect the function of internal organs. Scars can act as “impulse generators” therefore imbalancing the delicate electromagnetic fields of the body. Tooth Foci – very few people are aware that there is an acupuncture meridian going through each tooth – if there is an undetected infection in a root canal (dead teeth with nerves removed), amalgam fillings, cavitations (infection within the jaw bone), periodontal disease – all these can affect the health and function of the internal organs. These tooth foci need to be carefully identified, and we test each tooth and record the findings.
i) Geopathic and Electromagnetic Stress – any form of negative energy that usually has a left-spin phenomenon can seriously damage the body in many ways. Geopathic stress, for example, comprises of strong fields generated by underground waterways and disturbed land masses, as well as other factors. Electromagnetic stress from computers and other electrical equipment can all adversely imbalance the functioning of the body. It is important to identify these and factor into the treatment protocol way of eradicating these.
j) Hormone Deficiencies – if there are general deficiencies, then these can be investigated more specifically and cross-correlated with the specific endocrine gland. Often toxins, Candida, parasites and viruses can be some of the causes of hormone imbalances, so these need to be addressed by helping the body to balance naturally.
4. SUBLUXATIONS OF THE SPINE – any impingement of spinal nerves from movement in the spine can lead to many symptoms depending on what level of the spine the subluxation is at. The spine is the main “electric pylon” of the body, so when this is interrupted, the body does not receive the correct voltages at the right time and begins to atrophy and dysfunction. Spinal Subluxations can be identified by an Osteopath or Chiropractor, as well as by using Irisanalysis.
Other tests include:
5. METABOLIC TYPING – not everyone can eat the same diet as their Metabolic Type is different – this is determined by completing a comprehensive questionnaire which is computer analyzed in the US and returned with a 40-page report. This determines the “octane” of fuel that your body requires – what percentage of proteins, fats and carbohydrates you require.
6. DARKFIELD MICROSCOPY – in the Clinical Skills and Practicum you will see how a drop of blood is taken and examined under a Darkfield microscope where the blood is seen in its living form. This is “Visual Medicine” as the patient can also see this clearly on a monitor or TV screen. It is possible to visually see the white blood cells moving, which are part of the immune system, as well as determining the amount of toxicity and degeneration in the body.
7. DIGITAL INFRARED THERMAL IMAGING (DITI) – THERMOGRAPHY – this sophisticated test involves the use of a special camera that measures temperature differentials of the Autonomic Nervous System that help to identify organ imbalances and pathologies. These thermal images are sent to the USA where qualified MD Thermologists analyze the images and write a comprehensive report which is given to the patient. This measures the function of the organ systems and gives important diagnostic information.
8. TOXIC METAL ANALYSIS for mercury and other toxic metals – an initial screening test is run using a Tissue Hair Mineral Analysis (THMA) which is analysed on sophisticated ICP-MS spectrometers. Further investigations can also be conducted using urine is required. A detoxification programme using natural remedies is began, depending on the degree of toxicity using HMD – a natural, well-researched heavy metal chelator.
9. BIOLOGICAL TERRAIN ANALYSIS (BTA) – this is the clinical monitoring of the internal biochemical environment of the body to gain an understanding of cellular pathology and biochemical imbalances. Measures include pH, oxidative stress and mineral concentration from both urine and saliva. A full report is given to the patient.
10. HEART RATE VARIABILITY (HRV) TESTING – a test of total fitness and health. While all the abovementioned tests give information on the functioning of the different parts of the body, the HRV test gives an overall indication of the level of functioning of all the physiological systems of the body.
11. TEST FOR ABNORMAL POSTURE – There are pressure receptors in the bottom of your feet. These pressure receptors, tell your brain the position of your body. If your foot functions incorrectly (e.g., abnormally pronates), your brain receives a distorted image of the position of your body. This distorted information, results in the brain making a faulty adjustment in your posture. Poor posture misaligns all the joints in the body. The joints wear unevenly and the muscles function improperly. Over time, this results in chronic pain. In 1988, Professor Rothbart first described a new and very effective type of therapy, utilizing a proprioceptive insole (not an orthotic) to improve posture. This proprioceptive insole gives a tactile stimulation to the bottom of the foot. Through this stimulation, a corrected image is sent to the cerebellum, the balance center of the brain.
12. METATRON SCAN – Non-Linear Analysis System (NLS)
The Institute of Practical Psychophysics (Omsk) was founded in 1990 by the President of the International Academy of non-linear diagnostic systems, Vladimir Igorevich Nesterov, who is a full member of the Academy of medical and technical sciences. The Institute of Practical Psychophysics (IPP) is a scientific research institution, mainly oriented towards practical research in bio-resonance diagnostics and therapy.
One of their most advanced achievements is in the field of Non-Linear Diagnostics (NLS). NLS is based on the use of bio-resonance to identify functional underlying causative factors in the patient. This non-invasive method of diagnosis is a major leap forward in the fields of bioresoance and functional medicine.
Non-linear analysis systems (NLS) are the most advanced information technologies available this century and can be considered the most remarkable and advantageous accomplishment of modern natural science. The diagnosis equipment is based on the spectral analysis of the vortex magnetic field of any biological object. It is quite unique and unparalleled in the world today.
The Metatron is not only capable of picking up pathological processes in over 250 organs, tissues and cells, but is also capable of determining sub-clinical conditions before they manifest into pathology.
As the patient is being scanned, 3-dimensional anatomical models of the internal organs and physiological systems appear on the screen in front of them. Coloured marks placed upon the picture make it easier for the doctor to determine the site of pathology. It is possible to identify degenerative processes in these organ systems and therefore implement therapeutic protocols in good time.
As these areas of pathology are identified, the software has the capability of going deeper into the organ tissues like a surgeon would take a biopsy and analyse on a cellular level.
Further tests may then be prescribed by a medical practitioner based on findings, such as blood tests and scans (X-rays, MRIs, CT, ultrasound).
Once all the information from the various tests are collated, a bespoke treatment programme is designed.
There will also be the opportunity for students to participate in other training activities, using a hands-on approach:
1. Whole body detoxification protocol
2. Liver and gall bladder detox protocols
3. Parasite cleansing
4. Using electromedicine and bioresonance therapy to clear microbes and parasites from the body
5. The basic principles of colon hydrotherapy
6. Detoxifying heavy metals and xenobiotics through the feet using the Focus Ionic Foot Aqua Detox
7. The principles of Ozone and Infrared sauna
8. The basic principles of Ozone therapy
9. Using the Orgone accumulator to energize the patient
10. Bioresonance diagnsotics and therapy and food intolerance desensitisation
11. The basic principles of Rife technology and electromedicine used in treating patients
12. The basic principles of using Hyperthermia in chronic degenerative diseases
13. The basic principles of Lazer therapy
14. Planning and implementing healing protocols using Herbal, Homeopathic, Isopathic, and nutritional remedies
15. Using Proprioreceptive insoles to correct abnormal pronation of the feet affecting body posture
In addition, there will be available time to practice Live Blood Analysis on Dr Georgiou’s excellent darkfield microscope, examine irides using the iridology microscope, practice bioresonance diagnostics using the VEGA and lots more all with live patients in a real, holistic clinical practice.
The Clinical Skills and Practicum is a golden opportunity to learn much more than what is available in books and students find this experience truly invaluable, giving them the confidence to implement all methods of diagnosis and treatments with their own patients when they return to their mother lands.
Where it is impossible for the student to travel to the Da Vinci Center for the Clinical Skills and Practicum, it is possible to implement their training in other Holistic Centers elsewhere in the world, given the approval of the Da Vinci Institute of Holistic Medicine.